Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Notion of a Personal Blog

Launching this blog is a way of paying forward the generosity shown to me by the people in my Personal Learning Network (PLN). Many of them have helped me get comfortable with new ideas and tools that have transformed my own professional development. DW8S5A2Y75RT

I’ve been playing with the notion of a personal blog for a while. Over the past year, I’ve seen teachers make their own lives richer by using Web 2.0 tools. I’ve seen many of them use educational technology to build community in their classrooms and engage their students.

Frankly, their enthusiasm is infectious and I want to write about it.

Everyone will tell you 21st Century Learning is not about the tools. But you really do have to play with them to catch the vision of how they can help in your teaching and beyond. Of course, it helps to have a mentor, and working on a good PLN will usually follow.

Like all blogs, this is an exercise in self-expression, but it’s also chance for me to help others get comfortable with ed tech so they can expand and enrich their classroom experiences for their students and themselves.

It's my modest contribution to building a growing pool of teachers and others who are excited about Web 2.o and are enjoying the benefits not only in their teaching, but in their personal lives.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you here. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Lisa. That means a lot to me. One of these days, I may have a fraction of the impact of Thumann Resources. Congrats on your new Droid.

    ReplyDelete